New Visions Toronto (NVT) is a non-profit charitable organization that provides housing, care and support for more than 50 children, adolescents and adults with complex developmental and physical disabilities. We strive to deliver the best support possible in a home-like environment. We do so with the support and involvement of family and friends.
In keeping with the example set by Ceci's Homes, we believe that all individuals are capable of growth and change. They have the right to receive services and support while being part of their community. The location of our residences ensures that our Supported Individuals can be active members of their growing and vibrant communities.
NVT provides around the clock individualized care that supports and stimulates their efforts to establish meaningful relationships, activities, and work within their community.
Integration and normalization are key concepts that have guided us for over 30 years. These concepts foster ongoing growth and development of the people we support to be as independent as possible.
Our mission is to…
- Provide a safe and supportive home-like environment.
- Ensure that a high standard of quality of care is maintained at all times.
- Encourage and support each person to become as independent as possible and to experience personal achievements and accomplishments.
- Ensure that each person's personal dignity and privacy is respected.
- Promote inclusion into neighbourhood schools, community activities, and social groups.
- Promote and support constructive use of recreational and leisure time.
- Promote and support meaningful relationships.
- Provide or pursue a range of professional services and programs to ensure health and personal development.
- Educate the community about the importance of integration, normalization and involvement.